Anyway. It's the Liebster Award! As stated, April of First Time Mom and Dad gave it to me. I wasn't some thrown on blogger, either. I was like in the top five of those she awarded.
What is the Liebster you ask? The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.For those of you who read in code, this award was probably created by the big bloggers who got tired of receiving these chain awards.
Let's be serious. I'm not going to tag people. I don't even personally know 11 bloggers who blog consistently enough to handle this. But, on to the show.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
- Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
11 Facts About Me
- I am weirdly flexible for a person who never stretches.
- I sing made up songs. All the time. Now N does this too. I sing in the shower, I sing in the car, I sing while cooking. I sing real songs too.
- I often walk around a store like Target or Babies'r'Us piling things into my cart only to go back around the store and put every single thing besides a hair clip or some crayons back.
- I have over three thousand emails in my inbox right now. Inbox zero is my dream.
- Sometimes, I get so afraid of hoarding that I'll stand up and start to randomly throw things around me away. No, for reals. Ask P. He's become defensive of his things.
- I love wrapping paper so so so much. If I had a craft room, I'd want it to have a wall solely for all my wrapping paper and notions. I really want a craft room.
- My favorite suit of cards is spades.
- I can wear children's sized shoes.
- Sometimes, I read weight loss success stories just to be happy for those people who managed to lose crazy amounts of weight. I also read stories from people who manage to unclutter/clean their house.
- I'm so indecisive about things I don't care about that I can spend over an hour or two trying to decide on a restaurant.
- I'm afraid of talking to people I don't know and even those I do know. The only way I've come across of getting better about this is just to do it over and over and over again. The problem I have in trying to overcome my natural state is that I tend to over talk.
1. When did you start Blogging and why?
I started " online journaling" when I was in college, so, maybe 14 years ago? I started journaling or blogging because I thought I was interesting. Lesson not learned fourteen years later.
2. Do you eat breakfast?
HA! No. I hate breakfast. Unless I'm in France. And then, I wake P up so we can eat breakfast and then go back to bed.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
London, maybe? Nice, France? I also like the northeast of the States.
4. Mini Van or SUV?
Minivan, though sometimes I think a smaller SUV wouldn't make me angry. But I will punch you in the nose if you drive a Yukon and you don't actually need a Yukon. Sorry.
5. Flats or heels?
Flats, preferably ballet. But, I like to imagine a world where I can where heels without falling or walking like I'm clomping.
6. Ocean view or Mountain view?
OCEAN! About the only natural outdoor setting I like is the beach.
7. Dream profession?
Fashion designer, maybe? I have so many. I also want to be a television actress, popular blogger, and artist. Also, I'd like to be CEO of Amazon.
8. If you had 1 million you had to spend or giveaway what would you do with it?
Really? I'd likely invest in a house I really want to have for the rest of my life, private education for my children in their early years, and some clothing for them and me.
9. Biggest Pet Peeve?
I don't know. Clutter and dirt in my own household.
10. Worst habit?
Procrastination. By far.
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully I'll be a successful fashion designer or the CEO of Amazon. Barring that, I really don't know. Back to work full time, I suppose?
11 Questions For My Readers, Who Are All Award Winners
Do you ever find yourself feeling good about yourself and then you trip and fall? (Or is that only me?)
Dessert or dinner?
Favorite superhero -- good, evil, or neutral, all answers are acceptable -- character?
What was your first favorite band?
Are you going to complete a pin for my "I heart Pinterest" along or what?!
Favorite shade of toenail polish?
Why don't you want to have a sewing or knitting night with me, friend?
If Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter were anthropomorphized and got into a fight, who would win?
Do you fall victim to scrapbooking paper even though you don't scrapbook, too?
Your favorite M&M color?
If you could wake up tomorrow and be magically proficient in one skill such as drawing, sewing, a musical instrument, surfing, etc, what would it be?