- I'm only two pounds heavier than my starting weight.
- I no longer look even vaguely pregnant -- I'm fitting into more than half of my pre-pregnancy clothes.
- My child is showing inclinations of sleeping through the night -- N2 likes to put her long sleeps together in the evening.
- I stopped bleeding about a week after the C-section and it was never heavy.
- I have stopped needing my meds for pain.
- Breastfeeding appears to be a go, and I'm managing the pain for that fairly well right now.
- I feel good, if tired.
- My son appears to love his sister, or as he calls her, "My baby".
- My husband appears to be in love with his daughter and taking great care of his son.
- He also appears to be in love with me even though I've been a miserable jerk for months now.
- TMI, but I beat out constipation this C-section. In your face, pain meds.
- And I've successfully breastfeed in public already!
Why I Got Suckered Into A Second Child
Many people, knowing how miserable pregnancy is for me, wondered why I would choose to have a second child. Here's the thing -- pregnancy is miserable, but my recovery and babies are amazing. Here's some interesting facts from week 2 of this recovery: